Sunday 2 June 2013

spring is here (finally)


Day two of blogging every day for a month and it finally looks as though spring is here to stay.  Today has been a lovely sunny Sunday and my little garden is coming along well.

I have a little container garden at the front of our house where I grow flowers, herbs and vegetables.

After last years very disappointing summer where most of my plants failed to do pretty much anything I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a better turn out this year.


You don't need a lot of space to grow your own.  In the past I have successfully grown carrots, curly kale, peas, beetroot, tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, spring cabbage, spring onions and garlic all in containers.  I gave pumpkins a go once but that didn't quite work out (but the snails loved it).


This year I have bought some new herbs and will continue to grow strawberries and garlic.  I am also giving shallots and radish a go for the first time.  Hopefully if I can keep the slugs and snails (and cats) at bay this year should be a success.


I would recommend that everyone gives growing their own a go, in your garden, a few small pots in the yard or even on the windowsill.  Go on, give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment